Monday 21 February 2011

Evaluation of Flat Plan: Contents Page.

For my contents page, I took inspiration from the popular indie magazine; Q. Below is the analysis of my contents. With, this, I'll justify my decisions made and how it stands out from other magazines.


Colour: 
The main colours on this page are red, black and white. I decided to carry on with this colour scheme from the front page as I wanted my consumers to know what magazine they were reading. As my music magazine is based on indie music, as these are the usual colours for a conventional indie magazine. The red page numbers on my contents page also stand out against my white background which links to the masthead on the front cover. 


Layout:
The layout of my magazine is very simple and concise. The contents page is aligned to the left, centre and underneath the small picture which makes the contents page a lot more clearer to my target audience. For the 'COVER STORY', 'FEATURES', 'COMPETITIONS' and 'REGULARS', I've decided to use the iPod logos. This relates to my target audience as almost every single teenager has either an iPod or MP3 player. The main titles for my articles have to written in black whilst the description has been written in red. This makes it easier for my audience to understand what the articles and interviews are about. 


Text: 
The font of the masthead: 'Indie Jam', is the same as the front cover. Although on the image of my contents page there isn't a '16' in bold on the picture of the boy playing guitar, for my final contents page layout, I'll have the number '16' in bold to show that this is the cover story and the most important article in the magazine. The names of the articles have been capitalised on my contents page to show the difference between the titles and descriptions. 


Image: 
On my contents page, I've only included two small images. However, the main image on my contents page is of the boy playing the guitar. I've decided to include not as many images on my contents page as opposed to a regular magazine as I wanted my contents page to be concise and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment