Friday 25 February 2011

Evaluation of Flat Plan: Double Page Spread.

For my double page spread, I took inspiration again from the magazine; Q. For their double page spread, they used the singer; Adele. This is the double page spread I am hoping to use for my final magazine. Below is the analysis of my double page spread. With this, I'll justify the decisions I have made.


Colours:
For the colours on this page, I've carried on with the conventional colour scheme for an indie magazine: red, black and white. In contrast to these colours, I have asked my model to wear different shades of blue to represent the stereotypical male (as blue is associated with the gender.) I've tried to limit my colours as I don't want my double page spread to be too cluttered. 


Layout:
For the layout of my double page spread, I wanted to keep it quite simplistic. With the columns on my double page spread, I took inspiration from Q magazine and various magazines I've read in the past. Most people are going to put a box around their columns however, I feel this represents the barriers that will slow solo artists and bands down. I've decided to let my columns flow throughout the page to show that my model is going at a steady pace throughout his music career. 


Main Image:
My main image on my double page spread is on the top right of the second page. In this image, my model will be positioned in the middle of the set that I will be using. I've kindly asked my model to bring in his ukulele and guitar on the day of the photo-shoot which will be positioned either next to him or behind him (however, the consumers will still be able to see these instruments.) I didn't want this image to be too big as I want the interview to be the most important feature on these two pages. In my main image, I will have a spotlight on my model showing that it's his time to shine. However, I might change this position and have my model play either his ukulele or his guitar. 


Other Images:
As I didn't want my double page spread to be too cluttered, I've only placed two more images on it. The image with the black line going around it will represent everything that my model likes e.g. drama, music etc. I've decided to have my model give a natural pose to show his laid back personality. However, this might change as this might seem dull and tedious. One other option could be him praying (symbolising that he's hoping he'll have a long career ahead of him!) The image next to his name at the top of the page was just used to fill up the gap. However, after I thought about it, I might photoshop this image to make it look like a polaroid showing that my magazine can be vintage and retro.


Text:
The text on my double page spread will be very simplistic as I don't want it to look too cluttered. All of the text on this spread will be black to contrast against the white background. The quotes I'll be pulling out from the interview will either be in red or blue. I'm liking the idea of having them in blue to again, represent the stereotypical male. The quotes will also be in bold and italicised to show its importance in the interview. The font size of my model name will be large to remind the readers who the double page spread is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment