Friday 4 February 2011

Double Page Spread Analysis.


'Q' Magazine:
Whilst reading and studying this double page spread, I've learnt that editors reflect their layout of the interviews and articles based on the personality of their main artists featured for example, with the use of natural colours, I now understand that Adele is a very down-to-earth soul singer. 

During this task, I've learned that I need to take into consideration who will actually read my magazine - depressed teens, working class adults etc so, I need to think about my word choices carefully. In order to make my magazine stand out, I need to make my interview informative so it will hook the reader and so it won't look like a typical question and answer interview. In this magazine, the layout as tidy and not too busy. As well as this, they have often embedded quotes on each page. I think I'll be sticking to this sophisticated and classy theme as I want to appeal to my older audience as well as my younger audience. 

'NME' Magazine:
With this both of these double page spreads (James Allan and Barry Nicolson), I've learnt that they pretty have the same concept however, the layout has just been changed. Although I do like the layout of these two double page spreads, I have to say, I do prefer Q's double page spread as the colours they've used as natural which will be a great contrast to my magazine front cover. As well as this, the double page spread isn't too busy with colour whereas with the James Allan double page spread, there is so much to look at (the white beam, the red background - you can't really read the standfirst either) 

No comments:

Post a Comment