Friday 28 January 2011

My Reader Profile.

Based on the questionnaire I carried out a few days ago, I can now create a reader profile that will help me consider what to include on my front cover, contents page and double page spread. I believe with the information obtained, this will be the foundation to my magazine and will provide me with the right features that I want to include in my magazine. With this information from the market research I have done over the past 2 days, I'll construct a reader profile for my Indie magazine.


Reader Profile:
Sam is a seventeen year old girl currently studying Music, Media and English at her local college. She is often praised in her music class as she's always coming up with new ideas of how to compose music. However, she often leads herself into her own world when listening to her iPod. She mostly listens to Kings of Leon, Ellie Goulding, Blink 182, Bowling for Soup, The Midnight Beast, the made up band from the movie 'Jennifer's Body'; Low Shoulder and the occasional Hip Hop artists such as Nicki Minaj and Drake however, she listens to this genre rarely in her spare time. She was brought up with 50's music which is why she is holding a vinyl record in her hand.

She often attends gigs with her two friends from college although, she does enjoy spending time with her older sister; Gemma. The last gig she attended was 'The Midnight Beast' at the O2 Academy in Islington.

Her hobbies and interests include; singing, playing the guitar, playing the piano, reading Tolstoy (e.g. Anna Karenina) listening to music, watching comedies such as Zombieland and ballet - however, she hasn't told anyone that she enjoys dancing as she doesn't want to be seen as 'soft.' In her spare time, she enjoys reading 'Q' magazine as her favourite artists are usually featured on the front cover.

When it comes to fashion, Sam often looks at pictures in magazines for fashion inspiration. Her fashion icons are: Pixie Geldof, Hayley Williams (Paramore) and Ellie Goulding -- all of which dress with a edgier look. She also takes inspiration from the 1970's when rocks and indie music was slowly developing. If she could pick a music icon from the 70's, it would be Joan Jett. She often goes for the bohemian look at school which sometimes grabs the boys attention. 


In the future, she would like be either a music teacher or a solo artist however, she feels that her social skills are slim to non-existent as she never speaks to anyone other than close family and friends. 


With this reader profile, I'll be sure to make my magazine look like a lot of fun e.g. fun colours etc to make my readers feel good about themselves as well as the music featured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment